Monday, June 8, 2009

BEN BERNANKE

I must say I'm thanky
That we have Ben Bernanke.
The problem he understands
And the actions it demands,
Which tend to make us cranky.

Ben Bernanke, Chairman 0f the Federal Reserve, was interviewed on "60 Minutes" Sunday evening. He is an expert on the Great Depression. I am convinced he is the right man for his job and well understands in a timely manner what's happening. The astronomical bailouts are a bitter pill, but I'm convinced Dr. Bernanke knows what is required to correct our economic crisis. I think we are fortunate to have him in his position at this time.

I understand Bernanke's house-burning-next-door analogy. We might like to just let a giant company like AIG fail for it's foolishness, but to save ourselves we have to put out the fire next door.

No comments: